Dear Theater at Latitude 58 Families,
We hope you are enjoying the winter break and a little time off between fall and spring productions. Several of you have been asking about the audition schedule for our spring shows and January will be here before you know it! As you can see from our attached season poster, we’ll be doing an Intro to Theater workshop and 2 plays. We are pleased to announce that Janice Hurley will be teaching our Intro workshop, David Brooks will direct The Phantom Tollbooth, and Karen Allen will direct She Kills Monsters. All rehearsals and workshops will take place in the Mendenhall Mall Annex (enter through the State Farm entrance and look for signs to the left) and performances will take place at McPhetres Hall downtown at Holy Trinity Church. Here are the details:
Intro to Theater
- Open to a maximum of 15 students
- Registration forms and payment can be taken on the first day of class, but students need to reserve a space ahead of time to make sure we have room – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Heather at 907-209-4802 to reserve
- 5-week workshop course for students aged 5 to 7 years
- Class time will be 4:30pm to 5:30pm, beginning Thursday, January 11, 2018
- Tuition – $150
- Parent orientation meetings will be Thursday, January 11, 2018 and Friday, January 12, 2018 from 6pm to 8pm in the Mendenhall Mall rehearsal space. All parents/guardians and performers need to attend at least one of these. You only need to attend one, but you must come even if you have attended them before.
- Auditions will be Saturday, January 13th from 10am to 3pm, with an emphasis on Phantom Tollbooth before lunch and She Kills Monsters after lunch.
- Age requirements:
- Intro to Theater – 5 to 7 years
- Phantom Tollbooth – 8 yrs. and up
- She Kills Monsters – 13 yrs. and up (will require special permission form for all performers under the age of 18)
- Tuition – $285 ($275 tuition plus $10 script fee) per student and limited scholarships are available! Adult performers are asked to contribute 20 hours of volunteer time in lieu of tuition but will need to purchase scripts.
- If you are unavailable on the audition dates, please contact us so we can make arrangements to see you early.
- The Phantom Tollbooth – April 13 -15
- She Kills Monsters – April 20 – 22
Please email email@example.com with participants’ names and ages.
It’s going to be a fantastic spring for TAL58!
2017-2018 Season Producer